Hoping to bolt a few bits of the FJ together soon.
I lifted the motor down off the table and set it on wooden blocks roughly at it’s finished height —
It will be a matter of checking through my auto-jumble of bits for things like –
the airbox and carb rubbers which are still at the cleaning stage —
the carb heat shield which is hanging up to dry after de-greasing. A tidy up with my rubber mallet should see her shipshape again —
I found the lower frame rails looking sad but when I’m happy with their condition I will give ’em a coat of paint ready to bolt into place —
after I wrap the main frame around the motor.
The carbs didn’t appear to be all that great with what looked like thirty years muck on them but I’ve made a start on the cleaning process and I think they will come up ok —
Just to have something shiny to play with amongst all the muck I bought myself a treat off ebay.
A nice set of soft jaws for my vice. Invaluable when it comes to holding parts that are easily marked – firmly —
No doubt I will find other bits on the shelf that should be fitted before marrying the frame to the motor – but –
Rome wasn’t built in a day 🙂